Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I just don't have time

Wow!! It's been so long since I've blogged, almost an entire year! I personally think that it's because
1.) Nobody really blogs anymore - minus a few people
2.) I have better things to do
3.) I don't really have the time


Wait a minute. It takes maybe 30 minutes, one hour TOPS to write a blog, and I never had an hour to spare to write my own feelings, my thoughts, etc down?? If I have the time to watch Dance Moms, or The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Once Upon a Time, Netflix shows, Ghost Adventures, almost any show on TLC,  and any other show/movie
I NEVER had the TIME??? pshh a bunch of bull I'll say.

I have an idea. Maybe it's not that we have time, but we don't have it as a priority? How many times conversations have you had where you or the other person said they never have time? Some of the times, they really don't. Time is short. Time disappears, people sometimes are REALLY busy.

But I believe, MOST of the time, we really have time for what we make time for.

Here a list of what I actually make time for (in no particular order):
Sleep
Naps
Eating
Keeping up with hygiene
School- when I'm not working
Studying
Dance
Facebook/Twitter
Texting
Working- when I'm not in school
Baking
Doing my church callings
Attending church
Netflix
My TV shows


Now this may seem like a big list. But really,  a lot of it is just "blah." Obviously there are many areas I can improve. I really don't have to watch all the shows I watch. I could spare that hour and help a friend out. I could spare that hour to go volunteer. I could spare that hour trying to learn a new skill. I could spare that hour reading The Book of Mormon and studying the Word of God.

Whatever the excuse may be, you always have time. What are your priorities? Think about them. Every single person probably intrinsically thinks that all their priorities are set and perfect, or close to it. Think again. There are areas where you can improve, definitely myself included.  You can spare that hour, once a week.



So here's to a new year, new adventures, new memories.
This is my priority list/goals for the new year

- Read The Book of Mormon in 60 days. (that's right, time to put God first again!!)
-Eat more healthier by controlling my sugar intake
- Lose 5-10 pounds (because of my weight gain, all my pants are now wayy to small!!)
- Continue to prepare for a LDS mission by working on my weaknesses (and strengths) with the Gospel
- Turn in my mission papers by January 13
-Continue to increase my skill in cooking and baking
   ..To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment