Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I freaking love my major!!!

I think I found my answer. 

All my other posts have been so depressing, and only after 3 weeks of intense psychology classes I have found ways to be happy. I'm so happy to be studying psychology.  It's gotten really hard, but I've noticed and learned so much about myself that I would never have learned if it weren't  for these psychology classes and talking to a few people. 

Ever since coming back to Utah, I have been so sad and miserable, and I admit, I would call my mom almost everyday to talk to her. I've thought about changing schools, or just dropping out of school and going home. I've lost a lot of weight these past few weeks because of so much stress.

However, I'm not here to talk about that. I'm here because I want everyone to know that 


Life is okay!! 

Even when you feel like you hit rock bottom. And you think that there is nobody else that can understand you. When you feel like hiding away from your friends and just want to hide in your room the rest of your life. Even when you just want to give up on life in general, and move somewhere else so you can start over. 

Life is still OKAY

One thing that I've learned is that you can't let other people control your mood. Yes, people can influence you r mood. And there will be times when someone offends you or makes you irritated or annoyed. That's all part of life. But when you're living life and letting others control your mood, that isn't going to get you anywhere. What people say and think about you, you shouldn't care at all. The person that just talked behind your back and you found out about it? WHO CARES!! Just be yourself. And people will either accept you and those are true friends, or people don't accept you and you shouldn't waste your time with those people. 

You just need to wake up every morning and think to yourself, I'm happy! Don't think about the day before and all the things that annoyed you. Just let it go. Things will fall into place. 

One thing that is helping me get over this depressing stage in my life are compliments. Try going a little bit out of your way to help a friend, and making their day. I've noticed a change in my attitude and mood when I send a text to a friend and tell them how much I am thankful they are in my life. 

There is so much more that I want to say, but now writers block is taking over. Maybe I'll make another post continuing this one. People deserve to be happy, and I'm grateful that for my parents, bishop, and anyone that I've talked to personally about my life. And of course, I'm grateful for my major. I love helping people, and figuring stuff out about me while helping people. 

That's all for now. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a good post. I am happy you developed an interest in psychology. There is so much pressure on you when you go to college to figure out what you want to do with your life and make the right career choice. Believe me, I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up...lol. You dont know if you like something until you try it out. School is just the beginning not the end of your career decisions. Even in one career field there are so many different possibilities.

    Life is better than okay....life is GREAT. Whenever I think I am having a bad day I always remember that there are so many people far worse off than I am. I look at my worst day and think "if this is as bad as it gets, I am doing pretty well". You can always call me anytime day or night if you need someone to talk to about anything. I mean that :)

    ReplyDelete